Tuesday, August 15, 2006

missing my dad

i have my dad's hard hat that he wrote his name on. it is my only piece of his handwriting i have. i have his work license plate on my shelf in my office too. man do i miss him. not a day goes by that i don't think about him. we lost him 3 years ago & 8 months to the day. i will remember that day for the rest of my life. it haunts me. i can still hear my mom say, 'they couldn't bring him back. we lost him". that was the end of my old life as i new it and the beginning of my new life. my new life has had MANY ups and downs (more downs than ups). i cope with it everyday. i know many people think it was your dad and so many of my friends have lost children which i could never imagine that loss. that would be astronomical. my dad was 55 when we died and it was very sudden. he had a cough. we thought at max he had pneumonia. never did we think he had a blood clot in his lungs. i am so glad i had him in my life for the 31 years i did. he was the most amazing person i ever knew and probably will remain that way until i go. so many of my friends have been there for me over the last few years and so many of them have dealt with great personal tragedy themselves in their own lives. thanks you guys (you know who you are) for being there for me and listening. for puting up with my hoards of "dad" scrapbook pages and just lending and ear. i don't know what i would have done without you.

thanks so much. i love you!

3 comments:

Janna said...

hey girl,

i know it's so hard for you... i can hear it when you talk about him. i know he's a big part of who you are and will always be that way. what a blessing to be so close to your dad.

love ya lots,

janna

Anonymous said...

Oh my goodness Renee, I can't even imagine what it is like for you. He was so young! As I read this I got a lump in my throat knowing that one day I will have to go through this as well and it's not going to be easy and I dread it. (((HUGS)))

Tammy Brownlee said...

it think it is wonderful that you had such an amazing relationship with him...he is still with you everyday...remember to say hi to him every morning as he watches you from above. I know it isnt the same... and i couldn't imagine what you go thru everyday thinking about him and missing him...big hugs girl!!!