Monday, December 11, 2006

o' christmas tree...


i love my christmas tree. sure wish i could smell the amazing smell of a real tree but will have to settle with my glade pine air freshner to compensate for my plastic tree in my living room. my ornaments are so a part of who i am. i love country folk art, unusual, sparkly and ones with my family on them.








i made my mom, my sister and myself ornaments of us with my dad for our trees. we all have them front and centre on our trees. i tried to find photos of each of us with him or a moment that meant a lot. this ornament of my dad is a special one to me. it was in 1993 when i was a bridesmaid at my friends wedding. this was one of the only times i ever danced with my dad. i danced with him once at my wedding also. i love this photo because everytime i see it, it reminds me that i do look like him. the time of the year i miss him most is at christmas. this helps a bit.

3 comments:

Janna said...

love it, renee... it looks wonderful on your tree... you take so much care to decorate it... i can't wait to see the ornaments from your sisters tree... i hope you take those pics soon:)

janna

Renee said...

I think it's wonderful how you honor your dad in this light....lovely

Anonymous said...

what a wonderful memory to have,a great tribute and beautiful ornament!