Thursday, October 26, 2006

ouch... what a day!


so today i went to get some blood taken and man they took a lot! they are checking for everything under the sun on me which is good. every year i go for my yearly physical but not my blood. i am such a wimp (bad experiences with needles - had to be hypnotized/relaxation therapy for them). last time i had a needle was when i had my daughter 5 years ago. anyways, went today and the lady was awesome! didn't really feel it. i should have my results next week. one thing they are really checking is my thyroid and they are extensively looking for diabetes. they are looking at everything but my syptoms seemed to send off trigger signs to the doctor i went to. i have been telling my g.p. the problems over the last year and they shrug it off. my regular g.p. is on holidays, so i saw her replacement while she is away and thank goodness i did or i don't think i would have went for tests. i am not totally worried yet. i m trying not to think about it actually. i will deal with it when i find out. i just want to know why i have been feeling the way i have been. okay...on to a gripe i had today.....nice post hey? i went with my friend lisa to get our passports renewed all the way down to canada place (which is real fun...nice long wait...2 hours). i have not been able to find mine or the kids' birth certificates since we moved in december. well, i had our passports already and you would think that would be okay as we had to have birth certificates for those ones and it clearly states we were all born in alberta....but "no". so, after waiting for 2 hours, i had to go to the registry office and order new birth certificates. another $91 later. i find out the kids' birth certificates will be to me in 3-5 days but they are not the little ones but the big ones because they need those for passports (didn't before), now they won't fit in my wallet. oh....... i find out mine won't be to me for a while as back in 1978 when my mom (7 years late i might add), requested my birth certificate, vital statistics spelled my middle name wrong. they left an "n" off one of my middle names. i don't know how that happened as every certificate or license i have ever got spelled my name correctly. so now, once i get the form back, i have to take it to a commissioner of oaths and have them sign that it is really how i spell my name and then mail it back so i can then go back to canada place and apply for passports again! it is starting to make me not want to travel! on a happy note! it is my son's 8th birthday this weekend and i need some ideas for halloween crafts or games. anything good you can come up with besides boobbing for apples would be great! thanks and have a great weekend!

9 comments:

lacintha said...

Oh Renee..I'm glad you saw a new doc,and I'm praying for positive news on this....You're in my thoughts,my friend!

Janna said...

glad you went to the doc today and survived the blood tests:) looking forward to super saturday and catching up with you... take care chickee:)

janna

Renee said...

ACCKKK!!! What a day!!! Let me guess...one of your middle names is Lynn???? I had the same problem a few years ago and I tell ya they keep getting stickier and stickier with that stuff....I hope that you get the results of your blood tests real soon so you can find out what's going on with you...take care of yourself Renee.

Renee said...

renee.... my midle name is evelynn so close! my second one is ann. my mom and dad loved "n"s and "e"'s I think.

Unknown said...

renee...I am so happy to hear that you saw a doctor today... I understand about needles!!! I am sending you good thoughts and positive vibes about your results.

as for the the halloween games...have you tried kraft canada? they are my answer to everything!!! hit the entertainment tab, on the side bar that comes up go to holidays and you will find lots of ideas!! hope it helps or gives you some ideas!!!

Anonymous said...

Yikes - quite the runaround hey? Sheesh - red tape!!!! Hope you stayed warm at the soccer game today! Enjoy your son's festivities this weekend! 14 more sleeps (yup, I'm counting!!)

Hope you get some answers soon too with regard to the tests - thinking good thoughts and it will be easily fixed!

Anonymous said...

Hey Renne! I totally hear you about the passports. I work next to Canada Place and park there and the line up out the door is unbelievable. Someone from my office just went and it was 2hours as well. Cheers!

Anonymous said...

Hang in there Renee. Sometimes easier said than done but you are a strong woman and will get through this too. I am like a kid at Christmas counting down the days for the retreat in Nov. Perhaps you will start feeling more like yourself and you can make up for lost time then. See you soon!

Renee Lukie

Janna said...

okay, time for an update. where are all the pics from b's party? sheesh. blog slacker.

talk about the pot calling the kettle ascasibar.

*nyuck nyuck*