Wednesday, May 24, 2006

CKU or CKC coming to a town near you....

i was in a retailers class at cku and also chatted with lisa bearnson for a while. did you know that they are thinking about bringing ckc and cku to smaller area and we stressed alberta needed this and that they were definately the leader of scrapbooking in canada which is VERY true. well you know what? she took janna and i's information to contact us and said that she is going to talk to her people. can you imagine if this came to alberta? doesn't mean it would be edmonton but it may be calgary. it would definately put a damper on events like the urban scrapbooker and scrapfest though.

these types of events i can see are going to be so popular in the next year or so that it will be hard to fill them because there will be lots of competition. what do you think?

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

That would be fantastic if CKC/CKU was happening in our backyards. How cool would that be!!

Elizabeth said...

I think there's enough to go around. Scrapbooker's are hardcore.

Look at all the stores. Just because there is one doesn't mean that all of them will close their doors.
I think a CKU would be awesome for Alberta, and I would go to US, CKU, and Scrapfest, and L2S retreats because it's what I like to do.

Those who want to will do the same.

Renee said...

i just think that they will have a run for the money because it is supported by such a big name like CK and huge names. will be interesting to see what happens. i need to start saving my bucks now!

Renee said...

CKU in ALberta??? count me in...trust me this would go over so well....WOW wouldn't that be cool???

Veronica said...

I would love to go to a CKU but if I were to go to one I would like to go to one out or province/country. I like to travel. I know it would be more expensive but really who said scrapbooking was a cheap hobby? But if it gets here before I can travel else where I am so there!