Monday, May 08, 2006

Tom Cruise.....is it just me?


but the guy infuriates me now. I have never been a huge TC fan but now after his comments about post-partum regarding Brooke Shields and more recent events, he disgusts me. I mean really, how can a man even begin to know what it feels like to give birth and then go through all the hormone changes and everything that goes with it afterwards? I suffered mild post-partum after I had my first child and no bit of exercise or diet was going to fix that Tom! So I would just keep your mouth shut when you don't have any clue about what you are talking about!

More recently, he made a comment on a talk show that he wanted his pregnant girlfriend to be, the young Katie Holmes (16 years his junior), to change her name to Kate Cruise when they got married. The name Katie is not professional and sounds baby-ish. What a way to diss your fiancé on t.v. in front of millions of viewers. Nothing like making her look bad! What does that say for cool, sauve and very professional Katie's like Katie Couric for example? I heard that his publicist was his sister and he was advised to fire her because he is talking far too much about Scientology. Scientology is getting a bad name because of TC. I don't know much about this very Hollywood religion but I do know that if TC keeps rambling on about all the garbage he has been it will be detrimental to Scientology. You hear the things about how she wasn't going to give birth in a hospital, that she has now alienated her family and friends pre-TC, etc. What happened to little Joey from Dawson's Creek? She should have stayed with Chris Klein! At least he was down to earth. Poor TC spent too much time making War Of The Worlds I think!

I saw him on an interview the other day promoting MI-3 (of which I have no interest in seeing), and someone asked him what he was going to do now and he said, "go home and hop into bed with Suri and Kate". The poor girl, I sure hope he sticks around because I and many others think she was just a young, healthy baby machine for the man. She has said that she idolized him when she was younger, had posters of him on the wall. Well now, she has seemed to have changed the way she looks, her style, changing her name (not many stars removed their famous last name), giving up her career, etc for this guy. No wonder he went for a young one because no one over 30 would have done this. Good luck Katie, I think you are in for a rocky ride!

Just had to vent.....my opionion only and would love to hear what others have to say!

2 comments:

Janna said...

tom sucks.

but, renee... when it comes to post partum, the guy would not have a clue... have you seen him jumping on any couches lately? do sane people do that?

my point exactly!

janna

Tammy Brownlee said...

Oh Renee.... I am so with you on this one....this guy is just a mental boob! It urks me when men even claim to understand what a women go throughs let alone when they are pregnant and post-partum....I am surprised he hasn't been stoned and hanged yet! I have absolutely no repect for this man at all....because you are a "MOVIE STAR" and some cash....doesn't make your way the right way! Just a giant loser in my books!!!!

Funny how him and Brooke Shields both had their babies on the same day!!!!!