Thursday, November 09, 2006

dixie chicks.... wow! powerful women!


well, i went to one of the best concerts i have ever went to and i go to a fair bit. the dixie chicks rocked rexall on this week and they were amazing. those ladies are so amazingly talented that it is a shame about what has happened to them over the past few years. i know this may spark up controversy. their new movie shut up an sing opens tomorrow and for any dixie chicks fans you should go. click the link and you will see the write up as well as the trailer. itis pretty powerful. they said that when all the heat was going on that the red cross wouldn't take a million dollar donation from them (probably for the new orleans disaster relief), radio stations wouldn't play them, cd burning rallies were happening, death threats towards natalie maines. i think people forget that there is something called freedom of speech and she is entitled to it. so many celebrities have voiced their opinions and hard core opinions that have never been ostrasized. not until the dixie chicks made the statement "i am ashamed the president is from texas". one thing i heavily admire about these ladies is that they stick together and stand behind one another. they are an incredible trio. to juggle being a wife, a mother (to young kids), to being a musician and a talented one at that, to being on the road constantly and dealing with the crap that has been dished from the american public.... kudos to them. i highly respect them and admire them. god bless the dixie chicks!

7 comments:

Unknown said...

It always amazes me when people THINK they need to react to something they THINK is wrong, and when they do, their actions are 10 times worse than the action they THOUGHT was WRONG in the first place.........hmmmmmmmm figure that one out????? Happens ALL THE TIME!!!!

I have more to say...........gotta run, I'll be back!!!!!

Cori said...

I hate country. Not fond of the twang. Like my music much faster. But..
I LOVE THE DIXIE CHICKS! I convince myself they are bluegrass and dixie, which is just not country (yeah, yeah, I'm in denial). They embody girl power. They are beautiful, and best of all, they are not afraid to speak their minds. They rock! OK, they don't rock, but you know what I mean ;) Glad to hear they put on a good show!

Unknown said...

I completely agree...I can't believe how they were treated for expressing an opinion they had every right to express!!! I think it showed very poor sportsmanship on Bush's part!! glad you had fun at the concert...wish I could have been there!!

Renee said...

I LOVE THE DIXIE CHICKS!!! Whatever happened to freedom of speech? Some people are very cruel I tell ya.....
....now you got me singin' and a boppin'...thanks for the DC fix!

Janna said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...

I love the Dixie Chicks - so does Kaleigh! That would have been a great concert to see! I happen to agree with Natalie so no boycotts from me, more like a "WTG girl!" LOL.

PS, see ya tonight!!!

Unknown said...

I'm back..........

I for one cannot believe the publicity all of this has received.........even a movie come out of it, and to think it all started with ONE comment!!!!

I have ALWAYS liked the DIXIE CHICKS music.....but in the beginning.....oh my word......whenever they won an award, or did an interview I really wondered(probably nerves, everything was so NEW). It was usually Natalie that stepped up to the mike.......I am glad that several years later she has come up with more than giggling........drove me crazy! I have seen them on several interviews, and whether or not you agree..........it's nice to see ACTUALLY has SOMETHING to say, and she stands by it! Good for her!!!!