Tuesday, November 07, 2006

what now?...

i was out with my sister this morning. i saw some more dt stuff came and i had a pretty good day... until...... my hubby said "check the phone messages!". i thought what now? i had a call from a police officer in prince george, bc saying that i may have been part of identity theft. my jaw just dropped! what? how? i am pretty good at keeping things secure but how did this happen? so i have been going back and forth between this police officer, the credit bureau, equifax and my bank. i don't know what is going on. i guess i will find out tomorrow. have any of you had this happen before?


4 comments:

Unknown said...

Yikes.........good luck with getting this settled(easily)!

Anonymous said...

Now that completely sucks Renee! What a shocking phone call to get! So sorry this has happened to you! No advice though as it hasn't happened to me. It's rampant though and getting easier and easier to do unfortunately! At least the person has been caught and you're getting things straightened out!

(PS - 3 sleeps - LOL)

Renee said...

My sister in law did...apparantly she was making purchases in Germany and everything...ugh! It can happen to anyone...sorry to hear your day ended up in that little surprise...see ya Friday!

lacintha said...

Gee whizz! That's awful Renee...havn't had it happen to me..so sorry for you though.